Escama Medium Bucket Bag in Navy/Beige
100% handmade by Wayuu artisans from Colombia
Escama, meaning “fish scales” in Spanish, pays tribute to the fishing culture of the Wayuu people.
Change in climate has changed lands, leaving them with arid terrain and with difficult access to water.
However, many stories and legends are still carried through the fishing culture of these communities.
Each Escama handbag features a round woven body in this distinctive geometric pattern, as well as matching tassel accents and gold metallic details.
As your new favorite accessory, the handcrafted Escama bag also offers useful daily functions. Each bag features an interior pocket for stashing your phone, keys, and other items. A long woven shoulder strap allows for comfortable long-term wear. An ample strap length means that this piece also doubles as a crossbody bag. Treasure your bag for years to come with this durable, washable design.
- Seamless design made with durable acrylic fibers
- Interior utility pocket with invisible seaming
- Metallic pieces: zamac coated with 24K gold
- Dimensions: 20 cm height x 18 cm width. Crossbody/shoulder strap: 107 cm length x 4.5 cm width
- Care Notes: Hand wash in mild soap at 30° C
- We ship worldwide. Free shipping in Japan and Metropolitan France if stock allows.
Each Escama Medium bucket bag is handmade by master artisans in Colombia. As a result, there will be some slight variations in size from one piece to the next.